Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Seven Year Itch

Today is my seven year anniversary! Of what you ask? Of my Baptism! :) May 13, 2001. I was trying to think of something to do. You know a way to mark the occasion. But I was too tired to go to the temple. Not to mention I had a team meeting after school where I realized I am going to spend alot of money on my class for the end of the year party. I am pretty sure they should be throwing me a party but we move along. So it's been seven years since I joined the church. They have been wild and crazy for the most part. But I don't think I would trade any of them (ok maybe the parts where I spent too much time being in love with the wrong boy but doesn't really count) I have met some amazing people. There were some rad missionaries who helped me through my first year (Seth! Justin!). And then I served a mission and got to meet some awesome sisters who have been more of a family to me than my own at times! But mostly I got to find out where I came from who I am and how to get to where I am supposed to be! Its like climbing a mountain I guess. Somedays I feel like I am on top looking down and cheering. Other days I feel like I am at the bottom looking up and contemplating the long climb ahead. I guess it's all a matter of perspective. But I love the Lord and I know He loves ME! And I firmly believe with all my heart that everything happens for a reason (even spending all that time in love with the wrong person). And I am grateful for everything the Lord has blessed me with! I can truly say my cup runneth over!

2 comments:

tammy stailey said...

Hey Sarah! I cannot believe it has been seven years. I am so glad I was able to meet you. You were always a great example to someone who has been a member all her life.

Love,
Tammy (Sanchez) Stailey

Mikidees said...

Are you here yet? we are so excited for you to come:)