What is it about General Conference that always makes me think about my mission? Maybe it's because that is when the mission reunion takes place? I don't know but here is a picture of me and a bunch of my sisters the night before I went home from my mission. It's been almost 5 years since I've come home. Sometimes it seems like yesterday and other times it feels like another lifetime. So far my mission is the best thing I've ever done. It was also the craziest and the hardest and the most trying thing I've ever done too. I'm not sure if I miss it, as missing it implies that I would go back if I could. And I most certainly would NOT go back! But I think about it everyday and even more so during General Conference (which for the record ROCKED especially the Saturday Sessions). But somewhere in the last 5 years I've grown up (I feel like an old fart). I mean where is the girl who used to organize mission wide Pdays? Where is the girl who decorated an elder's car like a christmas tree in October? Where is the girl who was known as the Mafia Mamma?(because if someone messed with one of us they messed with all of us!) Who brought the party with her (even in Pahrump and Yerington) I'm not really any of those girls anymore. Now I'm the teacher, and the single girl in the family ward. The daughter/sister who somehow ends up taking care of everyone and is taken care of by no one. I don't really mind being any of these things I guess I just wish I was having a little more fun along the way. Something to think about anyways....
Monday, October 6, 2008
The Time of My Life
What is it about General Conference that always makes me think about my mission? Maybe it's because that is when the mission reunion takes place? I don't know but here is a picture of me and a bunch of my sisters the night before I went home from my mission. It's been almost 5 years since I've come home. Sometimes it seems like yesterday and other times it feels like another lifetime. So far my mission is the best thing I've ever done. It was also the craziest and the hardest and the most trying thing I've ever done too. I'm not sure if I miss it, as missing it implies that I would go back if I could. And I most certainly would NOT go back! But I think about it everyday and even more so during General Conference (which for the record ROCKED especially the Saturday Sessions). But somewhere in the last 5 years I've grown up (I feel like an old fart). I mean where is the girl who used to organize mission wide Pdays? Where is the girl who decorated an elder's car like a christmas tree in October? Where is the girl who was known as the Mafia Mamma?(because if someone messed with one of us they messed with all of us!) Who brought the party with her (even in Pahrump and Yerington) I'm not really any of those girls anymore. Now I'm the teacher, and the single girl in the family ward. The daughter/sister who somehow ends up taking care of everyone and is taken care of by no one. I don't really mind being any of these things I guess I just wish I was having a little more fun along the way. Something to think about anyways....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is sooo sad. I know Heavenly Father takes care of you! You are awesome SSS.
Yeah I know I was thinking alot about it too. I love that picture bytheway. Man so many emotions mixed up in all of that. I love you and will ALWAYS be here for you.
aww! Sometimes I wonder too. I bet you have more poeple to take care of you then you know. The last time I was in FL I saw a whole row of them sitting right next to you!
Post a Comment