Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Not tonight I have a head- ACHE!

Sssooo I've been in trainings the last 2 weeks. I signed up for them and I am enjoying all the useful information. I'm really grateful that I finally chose a profession where I will never max out my intelligence. There is always something to learn and ways to grow as a teacher. My training last week was on effective classroom management. It stressed the importance of having procedures and routines in place and reinforcing those procedures and routines all year. It really does work well and I am excited to implement some new routines I picked up. But here is the funny part..... when all of us teachers are in a training we act just like our kids! Nobody raises thier hands and waits to be called on we just shout out. (even when the trainer gently reminds us not to do that) AND we all talk while the teacher is talking and I noticed alot of people don't pay attention to the trainers directions before we begin a group activity either! And there is always a rowdy group who disrupts the rest of us. I just think it's really funny because as teachers we can an do nail our students for this kind of behavior! We spend all our time coming up with creative ways to punish or reward for desired behavior, but when push comes to shove we all act like 9 year olds! Go figure!

So I got a HORRIBLE migraine at the end of today's training. It started as a headache and progressed due to lack of meds. It was nasty and I am still feeling it. My mom pointed out to me that I've been getting headaches almost daily and the days I don't get headaches it's because I've popped an Excedrin or a Zyrtec or an aleve cold and sinus (or a combo of the 3). So I am taking my mom's advice and going to the DR on Saturday and the eye doctor next week. Wish me luck because I am a little worried (this has been going on for about 2 months now I was just too busy to notice!) I am hoping it's just allergys but I guess you never know. I'm just tired of feeling crappy all the time! Not to mention I hate taking all those pills all the time!

PS I am listening to Disney Mania 6 on Itunes I just downloaded it. LOVE IT! Especially Kiss the Girl by Colbie Calliat! :) I have the heart of a 10 year old what can I say? :)

No comments: