Sunday, October 12, 2008
Waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Sssooo here I am. Yes I miss being a fun person, but really on the whole things are pretty good right now. Compared to a year ago things are AMAZING. My class is pretty good. I am going to teach an after school club on blogging and desktop publishing which I am very excited about. I am tutoring 2 mornings a week before school, I enjoy it and I am getting paid a little extra. My migraines are pretty much gone, AND the new macbooks are supposed to come out this week (I've been waiting since the summer). I'm looking for a place to live (finally moving out of my parents house woo-hoo!). I have a reliable gas efficient car that I like. I could spend all day counting my blessings, but that's not the point! And while I am very grateful and really am happy for the most part, part of me is just waiting for something bad to happen! And logically I know it's silly but I don't seem to be able to help myself! I worry about my dad going into the hospital again, I worry that my mom will become too ill to take care of my dad. Actually those are probably the 2 biggest worries. I just need to relax and enjoy the happy moments more. I'm just not sure how to go about doing that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not losing sleep or having panic attacks or anything. I am just very aware that trials are part of life and I know sooner or later one will arrive on my doorstep (usually the last thing you'd expect ) and so I just keep peeking out the door waiting for it to show up. But I will say that Elder Wirthlin's talk at conference was very comforting! And we had a great lesson in Relief Society about weathering life's storms. I just need to find balance and learn how to accept God's will. I guess I am just too much of a control freak!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Us control freaks need to stick together. General it is us who have it together! Remember have joy in this life!
Post a Comment