Thursday, November 6, 2008

Steadfast

Sssooo my friend Joanna and I have the same realtor. If you are ever looking for a place in Tampa I would highly recommend her. But that's not the point! I guess Joanna and my realtor were talking about what a great gal I am (insert giggle here) and my realtor said that I was very flexible (among the other nice qualities I possess) and that Joanna was very specific about what she wants. (For those of you who are color code fans I am white/blue she is red/blue) Anyways Joanna did not contradict her but she told me that she disagrees. She thinks that I am the stubborn one and she is the flexible one. I am known for being very laid back and she is known for being more aggressive. But what Joanna was referring to is that once my mind is made up about something, short of an act of God I probably won't change my mind. I asked her to give an example (because I can think of lots of times when I have gone with the flow for the sake of peace) and she gave an example of politics. She said that if I had made up my mind about a candidate it wouldn't matter what kind of evidence she presented (she said something about showing me graphs and flip charts) nothing she could do or say would change my opinion. I wouldn't argue (in fact I would probably thank her for her time and sharing) but I wouldn't change either. And she is right about that particular example. I told her that wasn't stubborn that was being steadfast! :) But it did get me to thinking.....am I stubborn? I mean why should I change my mind about a candidate? I like to think I am open minded though. I don't know so I am asking you. Do you think I am stubborn? Lemme know! And don't hold back I can take it! (Besides if I am as stubborn as she thinks I doubt this will change me:) )

2 comments:

Anne Marie said...

Really you don't think you are stubborn when it comes to having made up your mind? I don't know that I would call that stubborn as much as integrity. Standing up for what you believe in even if it is different from others including your friends. Yeah you stick to it once you've made up your mind.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Anne Marie, I simply think you have very strong integrity! I admire that you will stick to your guns and what you believe, I wish I was as "stubburn" as you.