Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Traditions and an Untraditional Family

You know I haven't been swept up by the Christmas spirit this year. Only because the time has gone by so fast that in my mind it should still be November! But there are some traditions that we keep that serve as a reminder to me that yes indeed Christmas is here. We always decorate sugar cookies. My mom rolls out the dough and cuts and bakes the cookies. Ange and I decorate with frosting made from confectioners sugar and sprinkles. We've done this since I was a baby. Ange and I always argue about who decorates better (for the record its me!) I have pics on mom's camera and I'll post them sooner or later.

I also gave a talk in Church yesterday at our Christmas sacrament meeting. It went pretty well if I do say so myself. :)

Since my dad's accident a new tradition has popped up. A few of his old cronies stop by and visit around this time, also some of the kids he coached call too. This is my favorite new tradition. You see I don't come from a big family, but I have this HUGE family of old football and wrestling coaches and their wives. And since my dad's accident that family has extended to alot of the guys my dad coached in football and wrestling back in the day too. I will get to see them all in a few weeks when they put on a fundraising golf tournament for him. They really are a bunch of great guys and of course they all remember me when I was a baby and used to crawl off with their car keys! I have really been blessed with my untraditional family and I always look forward to seeing them, and hearing them tell old war stories with my dad each year! So Merry Christmas to you and your families both the traditional and the non-traditional! :)

1 comment:

Celeste Christensen said...

ok I am way late, but that is SUPER cool!