
Classic is definitely the right word for it! Not classy by any means but definitely classic! :) So my dad is a former high school football and wrestling coach as well as just an all around great guy. So when he had the accident 11 years ago that caused him to become a quadriplegic a bunch of his former players got together and formed The Vince Sussman Rehabilitation Fund. They do a lot of fund raising for him which includes an annual golf tournament. Its also kind of a Reunion thing for the guys. They get together and tell football or wrestling war stories and act like they are 16 again. They go out and play a round of 9 wholes and drink LOTS of beer! (as in there is a cooler full at every whole). Then they come back for dinner that includes a raffle and an auction. I have to say its super fun to see all the guys every year. And they all remember me when I was a baby of course. :) This year was pretty tame, just a few bets on who could shotgun their beer the fastest. Previous years have included paying money to the fund if a guy would eat a jar of deviled eggs, stuffing a guy into a golf bag etc. The proceeds all go to my dad :) And I have never seen so many grown men tell my dad they love him. A few of them even kiss him! I really do have a great dad! He's always tried to help the people around him become better. And he treats everyone like family(which is where I get it from). So once a year we get together with about 80 of his "sons" and have a blast! Alot of these guys are lawyers accountants and business owners who have done very well for themselves and they all have told me that they wouldn't be where they were without my dad's help! I already know I have a great day but its just awesome to get together with so many other people who feel the same way!
P.S. This year the winners of the tournament donated the prize to my dad, and every year they rig the money pot raffle so my mom wins! :)
1 comment:
Looks like fun. Are girls even invited?
Post a Comment